Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog
See through my eyes as I start a career with Xyngular

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Today I went to have lunch with my adorable little Kenzie at her school. It was quite an experience. In fact, the last ten minutes of lunch was a silent lunch. I leaned over to Kenzie and asked her if I had to be quiet and she quickly told me yes. Really? I'm not in school! I wanted to just talk really loud just to see if I would get in trouble. I elected not to since I would have embarrassed my child and she would of banned me from lunch with her.

Anyways....I got home, packed up some samples of Xyng to send out to my friends. I walked out the front door to the mailbox and to my surprise I saw two BIG boxes from Crate and Barrel! Presents???? Oh boy!!! This is really happening I thought! I am really getting married! Our first present sitting right there on the front porch! I called Bill right away and told him the awesome news! "Come home, so we can open them!"

Okay...now it is an hour later. No Bill as of yet. Honestly, I knew he wasn't really coming home to open up the presents with me but it would have been fun. So, now I just wait, looking at two beautifully wrapped presents. Feeling just like a kid on Christmas morning. Feeling giddy like a kid in a candy store.

Wait! Etiquette, etiquette, etiquette! Can we actually open them? Do we wait till after the wedding? If we do open them now, do we not use them till after the wedding? But, if we don't open them now won't the sender think maybe it didn't arrive or that we are being rude for not acknowledging? Oh the questions! Then there are the thank you cards! I have to shop for those right now! What kind will I get?

Wow, so many decisions and I must contact my friend Jules. I bet she knows. She knows everything. Either her or I am about to dive into google and research the correct etiquette for receiving presents months before our wedding.

Till next time.....

2 comments:

  1. OPEN THEM!!! :) I say you can open them right away (because that way, you can start writing your 'Thank You' notes, of course!!) and enjoy! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Sarah, OPEN OPEN OPEN! It's not like Christmas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete