Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog
See through my eyes as I start a career with Xyngular

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Just another Wednesday.....in fantasy baseball

Today is Wednesday and I am feeling quite motivated unlike Monday. Although Monday did end up turning into a crazy day with two new members signing up for the Core 4 program. I am excited and I can't wait to start hearing their testimony.

So, I play in a fantasy baseball league and I am learning real fast that I don't like playing in the same league wiyh my fiance, Bill. You see he doesn't play by MY rules. The rules are as follows:

1. You don't pick someone up off the waiver till you have checked with me to make sure I am not wanting him first.
2. You don't beat me when we play each other because.....well.....it just wouldn't be very polite.
3. When you discover something about a player you must first share it with me and give me first dibs.

Pretty simple eh? I think that is fair. Don't you?

Well, today I went in to pick up a different catcher because I wasn't feeling it with Kurt Suzuki.

A day or so ago I was telling Bill how I was looking at Miguel Montero (had him last year) and Ryan Doumit. Both look like they are off to a much better start than my pitcher. Well, this is all about winning so I go in this morning and see that Montero has been picked up. Okay, I am thinking that's okay because that just made my decision a little easier and I'll get Ryan Doumit! Yeah!!!! I even told Bill that Montero got picked up.


So, I go in to yahoo to perform my miraculous pick up and got distracted because Bill needed to get on the computer to set his team for the day. I was very kind and let him do this ;). Uh huh....about an hour ago I just went in to pick up my catcher and guess who got him? Yep, you guessed it, Bill.

Really? Did he not hear me? He just text me after I told him what he did and he said I never said anything about a catcher. Then what was I talking about? How cute David Wright is? How I can't stand Pedroia? NO!!!! I was telling him about the catcher I needed.

Now did we forget the rules?

Well the ugly competitive side has come out in me and reared it's ugly head. Ha! Just for that I hope Doumit falls into a slump! heehee.

Okay, okay.....I am not this bad. The story is true but not the part about me appearing mad at Bill. Maybe just a little. I'm a little spoiled and one sided when it comes to things I have to compete at! I don't like to lose!!! Bill can vouch for this. I probably would not bother to admit this to you but I have a few friends on here that know me all too well. They would totally call me out on this.

That's okay, I don't need that catcher! I have the Yankees closer and he rocks along with Youk!

No comments:

Post a Comment